The classes in the first year of the master’s program cover general business subjects, and the program is open to a broad range of applicants, irrespective of their previous fields of university study. Applicants may hold degrees in other social sciences, natural sciences, or humanities. The SESAMI Program seeks applicants with the following qualities:
- Applicants with a strong will to investigate the basic principles of strategic entrepreneurship and sustainability alliance management as well as strategic management and basic academic disciplines.
- Applicants with the capabilities to acquire the scientific methodology for resolving research questions in these areas.
- Applicants with the capabilities to conceptualize and think through their research outcomes into new scientific insights.
In the selection process, applicants will be evaluated on their English communication abilities as demonstrated by suitable scores in TOEFL, IELTS, or TOEIC, their basic scholastic aptitude as demonstrated by suitable scores in GMAT or GRE, or their potential research capability as demonstrated by previous research or class assignment reports, as well as evaluations they have received and the research plan they have developed.
Admission requirements – overview:
- A first degree (bachelor or equivalent)
- Completed application form (incl. curriculum vitae)
- Application fee payable at a Japanese post office using special payment slip (see application form). Foreign students should contact Academic Affairs Section
- Research plan (format provided within application form)
- Previous research output or documented proof of basic scholastic abilities (e.g. GMAT/GRE scores)
- Documented proof of English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL)
- Academic transcript and certificate of (expected) graduation
- Applicant evaluation form
- Certificate of alien registration (foreign students residing in Japan)
Admission and Application: Detailed Procedures and Application Forms
A detailed overview of the applicant qualification requirements, application period, application procedure and forms, screening method, announcement of results, admission and tuition fees can be downloaded below.
Enrollment period: October
Application periods (twice): December and May
Enrollment period: April
Application period: October
Academic year 2021
PhD Program Application Period: Oct 2 （Fri） to Oct 12 （Mon）, 2020
Application period for academic year 2021-2022 is October, 2020.
- PhD Program Application Procedure and Form （PDF:171KB）＊Last update：July 21, 2020
- Application Documents （Word）＊Last update：July 21, 2020
- Applicant Evaluation Form （Word）＊Last update：July 21, 2020
Applications will only be accepted within the specified time frame. All applications must be sent by registered express mail. Please write “SESAMI Program Application” in red ink on the front of the envelope. Applications in person will not be accepted. Send the envelope to Academic Affairs Section:
Academic year 2021
Master’s Program Application Period for December 2020: Dec 3 （Thu） to Dec 10 （Thu）, 2020
Application periods for academic year 2021-2022 are December, 2020 and May, 2021.
- Application Procedure：Winter （PDF:248KB）＊Last update：Sep 25, 2020
- Application Documents （Word）＊Last update：Sep 25, 2020
- Applicant Evaluation Form （Word）＊Last update：Sep 25, 2020
Master’s Program Application Period for May 2021: TBD
Graduate School of Business Administration, Kobe University
- Address：2-1 Rokkodai, Nada, Kobe 657-8501, Japan
- Section：Academic Affairs Section